There are many different points along the path to separation and divorce. I've helped many individuals, couples and families navigate this complex and challenging transition. I can work with you to help you understand how you got here and how you can uncouple in a conscious, compassionate, and coordinated manner.
Beginning the separation and divorce process is a significant life change and is often a painful process for both parties. I will make sure you have a safe place to process and discuss intense emotions about your marriage. This way, you can achieve clarity on whether separation and divorce is the right path for you at this time or if your marriage could benefit from couples therapy.
I will help you to understand what the path of separation and divorce generally looks like, and together we will explore what the path to separation and divorce might look like for you.
As you move through the divorce process, I will help you to:
- Understand the divorce process
- See and evaluate your options before moving forward
- Understand the distinction between the legal process and the emotional process of divorce
- Understand how divorce may impact your children and how to best support to them
- Understand the importance of self-care and emotional regulation throughout the process
- Get through indecision and create clarity on your decision to separate/divorce and move forward
- Work through complicated feelings of low self-esteem, resentment, anger, guilt, or other negative beliefs
- Approach your separation and divorce in a thoughtful and planned way and begin the process
Our work together will be grounded in openly discussing the process of separation and divorce and how to begin with clarity, compassion, and confidence.