Recommended books related to Joshua Watson's work
Healing and Recovery
- Boundaries and Relationships: Knowing, Protecting and Enjoying the Self by Charles Whitfield
- Bouncing Back: Rewiring Your Brain for Maximum Resilience and Well-Being by Linda Graham, MFT
- Emotional Sobriety: From Relationship Trauma to Resilience and Balance by Tian Dayton, Ph.D.
- When the Body Says No: Understanding the Stress-Disease Connection by Gabor Mate, M.D.
Family and Parenting
- The Conscious Parent: Transforming Ourselves, Empowering Our Children by Shefali Tsabary, Ph.D.
- The Awakened Family: How to Raise Empowered, Resilient, and Conscious Children by Shefali Tsabary, Ph.D.
- A Good Enough Parent: A Book on Child-rearing by Bruno Bettelheim
- Touchpoints: Your Child’s Emotional and Behavioral Development by T.Berry Brazelton, MD
- The Irreducible Needs of Children: What Every Child Must Have to Grow, Learn, and Fourish by T.Berry Brazeloton MD
- Beyond Consequences, Logic and Control: A Love-Based Approach to Helping Attachment-Challenged Children with Severe Behaviors by Heather Forbes, LCSW and B.Bryan Post
- Confident Parents, Remarkable Kids: 8 Principles for Raising Lids You’ll Love to Live With by Bonnie Harris, MS, Ed.
- When Your Kids Push Your Buttons and What You Can Do About It by Bonnie Harris, MS, Ed.
- Unconditional Parenting: Moving From Rewards and Punishment to Love and Reason by Alfie Kohn
- Parenting from the Inside-Out: How a Deeper Self-Understanding Can Help You Raise Children Who Thrive by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. and Mary Hartzell
- The Whole-Brain Child Workbook: Practical Exercises, Worksheets and Activities to Nurture Developing Minds by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. and Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D
- Toddler Discipline for Every Age and Stage: Effective Strategies to Tame Tantrums, Overcome Challenges, and Help Your Child Grow by Aubrey Hargis, M.Ed.
- Raising An Emotionally Intelligent Child The Heart of Parenting by John Gottman, Ph.D and Joan Declaire
- The Secret Meaning of Money: How to Prevent Financial Problems from Destroying Our Most Intimate Relationships by Cloés Madanes
- How to Be an Adult in Relationships: The Five Keys to Mindful Loving by David Richo, PhD
- When the Past Is Present: Healing the Emotional Wounds that Sabotage our Relationships by David Richo, Ph.D.
- Loving Your Partner Without Losing Your Self by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D., Helen Hunt, Ph.D. and Martha Beveridge, MSW
- I Love You But I Don't Trust You: The Complete Guide to Restoring Trust in Your Relationship by Mira Kirshenbaum
- The Human Magnet Syndrome: Why We Love People Who Hurt Us by Ross Rosenberg, Ph.D.
- The State of Affairs: Rethinking Infidelity by Ester Perel
Divorce, Separation, Relationship Discernment, and Step-Families
- Taking Space: How to Use Separation to Explore the Future of Your Relationship by Robert Buchicchio
- The Co-Parenting Handbook: Raising Well-Adjusted and Resilient Kids from Little Ones to Young Adults through Divorce or Separation by Karen Bonnell, ARNP, MS and Kristin Little MA, MS, LMHC
- Talking to Children About Divorce: A Parent's Guide to Healthy Communication at Each Stage of Divorce by Jean McBride, LMFT
- Mom's House, Dad's House: Making Two Homes For Your Child by Isolina Ricci Ph.D.
- The Stepfamily Handbook: Dating, Getting Serious, and Forming a "Blended Family" by Karen Bonnell, ARNP, MS and Patricia L. Papernow, EdD
Family Recovery for Young Adult Addiction
- The Parallel Process: Growing Alongside Your Adolescent or Young Adult Child in Treatment by Krissy Pozatek, LICSW
- Recovering My Kid: Parenting Young Adults in Treatment and Beyond by Joseph Lee, MD
- Everything Changes: Help for Families of Newly Recovering Addicts by Beverly Conyers
- Addictive Thinking: Understanding Self-Deception by Abraham J. Tweski, MD
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk, MD
- The ACOA Trauma Syndrome: The Impact of Childhood Pain on Adult Relationships by Tian Dayton, Ph.D.
- Refuge Recovery: A Buddhist Path to Recovering from Addiction by Noah Levine
- Healing from a Narcissistic Relationship: A Caretaker's Guide to Recovery, Empowerment, and Transformation by Margalis Fjelstad
- Stop Caretaking the Borderline or Narcissist: How to End the Drama and Get On with Life by Margalis Fjelstad
- Understanding the Borderline Mother: Helping Her Children Transcend the Intense, Unpredictable, and Volatile Relationship by Christine Ann Lawson
- Splitting: Protecting Yourself While Divorcing Someone with Borderline or Narcissistic Personality Disorder by Bill Eddy, LCSW, Esq., and Randi Kreger