Recommended books related to Joshua Watson's work
Healing and Recovery
- Boundaries and Relationships: Knowing, Protecting and Enjoying the Self by Charles Whitfield
- Bouncing Back: Rewiring Your Brain for Maximum Resilience and Well-Being by Linda Graham, MFT
- Emotional Sobriety: From Relationship Trauma to Resilience and Balance by Tian Dayton, Ph.D.
Family and Parenting
- The Conscious Parent: Transforming Ourselves, Empowering Our Children by Shefali Tsabary, Ph.D.
- The Awakened Family: How to Raise Empowered, Resilient, and Conscious Children by Shefali Tsabary, Ph.D.
- A Good Enough Parent: A Book on Child-rearing by Bruno Bettelheim
- How to Be an Adult in Relationships: The Five Keys to Mindful Loving by David Richo, PhD
- When the Past Is Present: Healing the Emotional Wounds that Sabotage our Relationships by David Richo, Ph.D.
- Loving Your Partner Without Losing Your Self by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D., Helen Hunt, Ph.D. and Martha Beveridge, MSW
- I Love You But I Don't Trust You: The Complete Guide to Restoring Trust in Your Relationship by Mira Kirshenbaum
- The Human Magnet Syndrome: Why We Love People Who Hurt Us by Ross Rosenberg, Ph.D.
Divorce, Separation, Relationship Discernment, and Step-Families
- Taking Space: How to Use Separation to Explore the Future of Your Relationship by Robert Buchicchio
- The Co-Parenting Handbook: Raising Well-Adjusted and Resilient Kids from Little Ones to Young Adults through Divorce or Separation by Karen Bonnell, ARNP, MS and Kristin Little MA, MS, LMHC
- Talking to Children About Divorce: A Parent's Guide to Healthy Communication at Each Stage of Divorce by Jean McBride, LMFT
- Mom's House, Dad's House: Making Two Homes For Your Child by Isolina Ricci Ph.D.
- The Stepfamily Handbook: Dating, Getting Serious, and Forming a "Blended Family" by Karen Bonnell, ARNP, MS and Patricia L. Papernow, EdD
Family Recovery for Young Adult Addiction
- The Parallel Process: Growing Alongside Your Adolescent or Young Adult Child in Treatment by Krissy Pozatek, LICSW
- Recovering My Kid: Parenting Young Adults in Treatment and Beyond by Joseph Lee, MD
- Everything Changes: Help for Families of Newly Recovering Addicts by Beverly Conyers
- Addictive Thinking: Understanding Self-Deception by Abraham J. Tweski, MD
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk, MD
- The ACOA Trauma Syndrome: The Impact of Childhood Pain on Adult Relationships by Tian Dayton, Ph.D.
- Healing from a Narcissistic Relationship: A Caretaker's Guide to Recovery, Empowerment, and Transformation by Margalis Fjelstad
- Stop Caretaking the Borderline or Narcissist: How to End the Drama and Get On with Life by Margalis Fjelstad
- Understanding the Borderline Mother: Helping Her Children Transcend the Intense, Unpredictable, and Volatile Relationship by Christine Ann Lawson
- Splitting: Protecting Yourself While Divorcing Someone with Borderline or Narcissistic Personality Disorder by Bill Eddy, LCSW, Esq., and Randi Kreger